WASHINGTON — Today, Representative Josh Harder (CA-10) introduced a resolution to honor the 16,000 wildland firefighters who’ve worked across the West this year alongside Republican Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA-3). Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Steve Daines (R-MT) recently introduced a bipartisan companion bill in the Senate.
“This year wildfires burned through more than 5 million acres of land in the West. The only reason those wildfires didn’t destroy our communities and put all our lives at risk was our incredible wildland firefighters,” said Rep. Harder. “Today, I’m proud to introduce this bipartisan resolution recognizing the incredible work of our wildland firefighters, honoring their bravery and heroism, and thanking them for protecting the lives of our love ones.”
- Recognizes the efforts and sacrifices of the wildland firefighters who have risked their lives to fight intense wildfires in 2021;
- Honors the bravery and heroism of the men and women assisting in responding to and combating wildfires;
- Expresses appreciation and gratitude to firefighters for protecting lives and property in the United States during the ongoing 2021 wildfire season;
- Expresses full support for communities throughout the West as those communities focus on recovery and rebuilding areas and communities affected by wildfires; and
- Extends gratitude and appreciation to the families and loved ones of wildland firefighters for their important role in supporting the wildland firefighter community.
Go to Source