WASHINGTON — Today, Representative Josh Harder (CA-10) outlined his top Central Valley funding priorities for 2021. As a new member on the powerful Appropriations Committee, and the first Central Valley Democrat to serve on the committee in almost 50 years, he is in a unique position to deliver funding for his community. His funding priorities fall into the following six areas:
- Expanding access to affordable mental & physical health care;
- Combating drought and supporting agriculture and the Central Valley by building new water infrastructure;
- Creating new and high paying Valley jobs;
- Addressing homelessness;
- Supporting public safety;
- Cutting down on Valley commute times.
“Everyone in the Valley knows the classic story: federal funds come to California, fly right over us, and land in San Francisco and LA. This year, I’m fighting to change that,” said Rep. Harder. “It’s time our families, our workers, our students and our retirees have access to every penny that they deserve.”
To read the full report click here.
Go to Source